Friday, July 23, 2010

This just in from Dan MacIntosh, a reviewer from Indie-music.com:

There's something undeniably odd about the folk-pop Charles Klamut writes and performs. It just comes off as old-fashioned at times.

Both "Go West" and "7 More Stories" feature Klamut with a female vocal. Strangest of all is "You Don't Interest Me" which has what can best be described as white folk man rap. It's curious stuff, but nevertheless compelling. Klamut may be young, but he sounds old before his years.

At almost 37, it feels great to be called young.

“White folk man rap.” That is awesome. I’ve actually been questioning my whiteness lately. I took the quiz from “Stuff White People Like” and only scored 34 out of 150. According to the scoring table, that makes me only like 20% white. But I actually have always feared I have been TOO white and lived uncomfortably with that. I’m so confused.

However, I did recently add Arcade Fire’s Funeral to my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment